Electronics Recycling (E-waste) Drop Off Site
The NYS Electronic Equipment Recycling and Reuse Act requires recycling of electronic waste to household consumers in the state. It was signed into law by the Governor on May 28, 2010. For additional information on the law visit the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation website for Guidance for Electronic Equipment Recycling. In order to meet with the spirit of this law the Town has created a drop off site at the Recycling Center.
E-waste Drop Off Site at The Town Of Huntington Recycling Center
The Town of Huntington has a no cost drop off site for E-Waste at the Recycling Center located at 641 New York Avenue, Huntington, New York, 11743. It is available Tuesday through Saturday from 8 am to 4 pm. In addition to all equipment covered by the law, cell phones will be accepted for electronics recycling.
Electronic Equipment Covered by the Law:
- Cathode ray tubes
- Small scale servers
- Computer peripherals (including any cable, cord, or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into the computer peripheral.)
- Electronic keyboards
- Electronic mice or similar pointing devices
- Facsimile machines, document scanners, and printers (only those intended for use with a computer and weighing less than 100 lbs.)
- Small electronic equipment (including any cable, cord, or wiring permanently affixed to or incorporated into the small electronic equipment.)
- Digital video recorders
- Portable digital music players
- DVD players
- Digital converter boxes
- Cable or satellite receivers
- Electronic or video game consoles
Small electric appliances (e.g.: vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, curling irons, toasters, toaster ovens, mixers, slow cookers, clothes irons, et al.) are not acceptable for recycling in this program.