Collections Rules & Regulations
Trash is picked up Monday through Saturday evening in the commercial districts of Huntington and Huntington Station. Cardboard and mixed office paper recycling are collected by a separate truck on the same days. Glass, metal and plastic recycling is collected Tuesday and Friday evenings only. Businesses must call to initiate service.
Guidelines for Curbside Collection
- Trash and recyclables should be placed at the curb between 4:00 P.M. and 4:30 P.M. It is a violation of Town Code to put trash out any earlier than 4:00 PM. Empty containers should be removed promptly.
- Use trash containers with lids. Containers should be 39 gallons or less in volume and less than 50 lbs. when filled.
- If putting trash out in bags, use double strength plastic bags and secure tightly.
- Do not put trash out for collection on Sundays or observed holidays.
- Sidewalks should be swept daily before 10:00 A.M. with debris collected and not swept into the street.
- Business owners should advise any employees and cleaning services of the proper disposal guidelines.
- It is a violation of Town Codes 117-21.2 and 133-1(A) and (B) to place any solid waste or recycling, anywhere other than in front of or adjacent to your business. Violations are subject to summonses and fines.