Human Services Department
The mission of the Department and its divisions is to administer, develop, manage, coordinate and deliver the Town’s “Human Services” programs in an effort to meet the needs of area residents. Through its various divisions, Human Services offers programs, information, support and advocacy for senior citizens, veterans, minorities, persons with disabilities and women.
- Senior Citizens provides a range of programs that help seniors remain active, engaged and independent, including Nutrition Services, Adult Day Care, In-Home Services, Residential Repair, Caregiver Respite and Recreational Classes.
- Handicapped Services publishes a biannual newsletter, accepts program applications for: handicapped beach stickers, and snow berm removal. The division responds to ADA complaints, and manages the Town’s blood drive and summer employment program.
- Women’s Services coordinates the Huntington Women’s Advisory Council, with a focus on employment, education, health and family and provides a link to programs and services.
- Veterans' Affairs provides assistance and coordinates projects of Huntington’s Veterans Advisory Board, an umbrella group representing all local veterans organizations.
- Minority Affairs provides outreach to minority communities to keep residents informed of Town services, programs, employment opportunities and events.
- Huntington Human Services Institute the charitable arm of the department through which the Town partners with social service agencies to meet the needs of local residents.
Director of Human Services
Mon - Fri (8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
423 Park Avenue
Huntington, NY 11743