Knowledge Base

Requirements for Chicken Coop Permit

Category: PERMITS/CO'S

A Building Permit is required for the construction, alteration, moving, repair, and modification, demolition, in whole or in part or the change of use of any building or structure. In the case of properties within one of Huntington's incorporated villages (Asharoken, Huntington Bay, Lloyd Harbor, and Northport), the permit function is handled by your village building officials.

Building Permit Application

Code of the Town of Huntington - Pigeons, Chickens and Ducks'


Applications and Payments related to Permits and CO’s can be sent via express or regular mail to:

Town Hall
100 Main Street
Huntington, NY 11743
ATTN: Building & Housing Room 115

- OR -

They can be dropped off in-person at the Building & Housing Department in Town Hall (Room 115).

Payment of Fees can be made in-person or over the phone by credit card.

Updated 8/31/2023 11:29 AM