CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION: AFFECTED MARITIME SERVICES
Mooring Permits for Town Waters
Obtaining a Mooring Permit
1. Download a Mooring Permit Application
2. Deliver the signed application, along with copies of the following, to the Harbormaster's Office in-person, by mail, fax or email to email@example.com:
- Proof of Residency: (may include a valid New York State Driver’s License, current Boat Registration, and an additional proof of residency such as a voter registration card, utility bill, vehicle registration, etc.)
- Boat Registration
- Declaration Page of Insurance
Payment should be made, by check, to: Huntington Board of Trustees. Credit card and cash payments are accepted in-person only at the Harbormaster's Office.
Mooring Permit Fees
- Town of Huntington Residents: $40/annual permit (Town Residents have “mooring rights” in Town waters; to exercise that right, applicant must provide proof of residency and boat registration at Town address.)
- Non-Residents & Out-of-Area Boat Registrations: $200/annual permit
Huntington Harbormaster's Office
53 North New York Avenue
Halesite, New York 11743
Fax: (631) 425-0621
The Harbormaster's Office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. For application assistance, call (631) 351-3255 or email Trudy Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Affix Mooring Decals: Upon acceptance, you will be issued a numbered decal to be affixed to the transom of your boat.
4. Mooring Placement: A mooring can be placed anywhere in town waters. However, no mooring may be placed within the lines of a channel or within 50’ of a channel marker nor may a mooring interfere with any boat or mooring placed prior to yours. If you are unsure of where to place the mooring or need additional guidance with respect to your mooring rights, please contact the Harbormaster’s Office at (631) 351-3255.