Dix Hills – Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci announced the Town of Huntington is opening Dix Hills Pool, located at Dix Hills Park, 575 Vanderbilt Parkway, Dix Hills, for limited days and hours starting Friday, July 3 to residents who must reserve a time slot.
“Based on the successful phased reopening of our beaches with new safety measures in place, the Town of Huntington is confident we can provide an equally safe and fun experience at Dix Hills Pool this summer,” said Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci.
POOL HOURS & ADMISSION
The Dix Hills Pool will be open weekends and holidays, starting Friday, July 3, to Town of Huntington residents*, 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM by reservation only, to 150 people maximum in the pool area, with no more than 70 people in the water at any given time. Masks are required for entry for visitors over the age of two.
*Only Town residents (and members of the Half Hollow Hills, Commack and Cold Spring Harbor School Districts, which are partially located within the Town) may register for a time slot at the pool. A Driver’s License ID or school ID will be required when entering the pool to ascertain residency.
Pool visitors must reserve a session using the Town’s Parks & Recreation Rectrac online scheduling program. Go to https://www.tohparks.net, go to the POOL ADMISSION tab at the top and select a date from the reservation calendar. Phone assistance will be available by calling the Dix Hills Park staff at (631) 462-5883.
DAILY SAFETY PROTOCOL
All staff must have their temperature taken and be asked whether he/she had:
- COVID-19 symptoms in past 14 days;
- Positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days; and / or
- Close or proximate contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.
Responses must be reviewed and documented daily.
If staff are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, they have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms listed by the CDC; they think they could have COVID-19, they have tested positive for COVID-19, they are awaiting the results of testing for COVID-19, or they have been in close contact with anyone in the 4 categories above, they will be denied entry.
- Lifeguards must wear masks if within 6 feet of residents, or going on a break in a common area.
- Masks are never to be worn in the water by swimmers or guards.
- Practices will be implemented to maintain social distancing in small areas, such as bathrooms and break rooms.
- Ample hand sanitizer and sun screen will be on hand for pool patrons.
- Everyone entering the pool area must wear a mask that must be on if within 6 feet of others.
The Town is encouraging families to bring their own pool furniture, beach chairs and blankets for seating.
Pool furniture will be available to families “on demand.” This will allow us to control the use of our lounge chairs and make it easier to track and sanitize.
CLEANING AND SANITIZING
The pool area, common touch areas and bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized regularly and frequently, as per Suffolk County Dept. of Health guidelines. Ongoing attention will be paid to the cleanliness of the bathrooms.
FOOD & REFRESHMENTS
Our pool concession stand with be open with their delicious foods, snacks and nonalcoholic beverages.
All fees will remain the same and Recreation I.D. Cards will not be required for preferred pricing; identification showing proof of residency will suffice.
Pool Admission Fees:
- Children (under 13) W/ID - $5.50
- Teens (13 - 17) W/ID - $6.00
- Adults (18 and older) W/ID - $7.00
- Sr. Citizen / Disabled W/ID - $4.50
- $250 Family Pool Pass
- $100 Individual Pool Pass
- $50 Senior Pool Pass