Important public safety update:
In light of the rapid jump in newly
reported COVID-19 cases in the past week, please review these
precautionary measures to protect yourself, your family and our
- Stay 6 feet apart from others and wear a mask in public.
- Wear a mask when in close proximity to high-risk family and friends.
- Wash hands frequently, lathering for 20 seconds before rinsing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands or greeting people with a hug or kiss.
- Avoid crowds.
- Maintain a safe distance when shopping and shop alone if possible.
- When returning home, wash your hands.
- Sanitize cell phones and high touch surfaces daily.
- Cough or sneeze into your inner elbow or a tissue, then wash hands after.
- Do not go to work if you are sick.
- Call in advance of seeking medical attention.
In addition, the Governor has limited
residential gatherings to 10 people and is requiring gyms, bars and
restaurants with liquor licenses to close by 10pm except for curbside
Even while gathered with 10 or fewer people, do not let your guard down. Follow the guidance above to help stop the spread.
Huntington Town Hall remains open by appointment. Please contact departments at huntingtonny.gov/departments or 631-351-3000.
Supervisor Chad A. Lupinacci