Please click here for Melville Town Center Information 

Contact Print

Town of Huntington, NY - News Details

9/9/2021 - Hurricane Ida Relief Instructions for Residents & Businesses (last updated October 12, 2021)

Guidance for Residents: Recovery Process

Residents and businesses are advised to adhere to the following guidance if property damage was sustained due to Ida:

1. File a claim. If you have flood insurance, report your loss immediately to your insurance agent or carrier. Be sure to ask them about advance payments. If you need help finding your insurance agent or carrier, call the National Flood Insurance Program at 877-336-2627.

2. Take pictures of any damage caused by Ida and gather documentation. This information will be critical during your recovery as insurance adjusters, local, state, or federal agencies may ask you for this information.

3. Residents should report their damage directly to Suffolk County or contact their Village or the Town at 631-351-3030 or, and provide the following information:

  • Name and Address
  • Phone Number and/or Email Address
  • Confirm that your insurance company was notified
  • Description of damage

4. Residents (homeowners, landlords and renters) should also fill out the FEMA Individual Assistance application online. See Federal Resources below for more information.

Federal Resources

*Please note:

  • You must file a claim with your insurance company first, as FEMA cannot process your application until they receive the letter from your insurance company.
  • Business owners must apply for an SBA loan whether or not a loan is necessary, as not filling out the application may delay the processing of your assistance.

New York State Resources