The LIRR will be conducting upcoming rail testing program on the Port Jefferson Branch on Tuesday October 25th and Wednesday October 26th. This will result in the suspension of LIRR service from 10am to 4pm on both days between Huntington and Port Jefferson in both directions. Please see the below for further details.
SPERRY TESTING – HUNTINGTON TO PORT JEFFERSON
- From approximately 10am to 4pm on Tuesday October 25th and Wednesday October 26th, service from Huntington to Port Jefferson will be suspended in both directions due to Sperry Rail Testing.
- This is part of our annual track maintenance program which ensures our infrastructure is in a state of good repair.
- This will result in several cancelled trains and we will be providing buses to accommodate our customers. They should allow approximately between approximately 30 to 40 minutes of additional travel time in either direction due to this work.
- Part of Sperry testing involves catching defects in the rail, and when possible our crews will address these on site. As such, while the Sperry train itself does not cause much noise, any potential remedial work that is undertaken will, so there could be extra noise in the vicinity of our outage.
- Please see a full list of schedule changes here.
*Work is weather dependent, dates are subject to change to take advantage of favorable conditions