Solid Waste Collection License
Information for Solid Waste Collection License
A solid waste collection license is required for any business that is engaged in the collection or transportation of solid waste within the boundaries of the Town.
The application fee for a solid waste collection license is $500 (includes the first vehicle)
Each license expires annually on December 31st
Each additional vehicle on the license is $200.
Fees are non-refundable and due upon presentation of application
For questions regarding the Solid Waste Collection licensing procedure email the Department of Environmental Waste Management or call 631-351-3186.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO COMPLETE THE SOLID WASTE LICENSE APPLICATION
- Original certificates of insurance
- Security deposit, if required
- Copies of DMV operator's licenses
- Copies of motor vehicle registrations
- Copies of motor vehicle insurance cards
- Copy of fingerprint processing fee receipt issued by the Town Clerk, or duly executed affidavit required for foreign corporations (Foreign corporations listing new corporate officials must supply the fingerprints of the new individuals; please call the number below for instructions. Previously listed corporate officials must provide an affidavit annually.)
- FINGERPRINTING: As of January 1, 2010, fingerprinting for new applicants will be done through a NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services approved Statewide Vendor-Managed Civil Fingerprint Capture System.
- Applicants can make an appointment for fingerprinting either on-line anytime at L-1 Identity Solutions, Enrollment Services Division www.L1enrollment.com where you will also find a current list of available vendor locations throughout Suffolk and Nassau Counties and New York City and its boroughs. Or you may call Monday through Saturday 9 AM to 9 PM a toll-free (877) 472-6915 to schedule an appointment. The ORI, Agency ID# and Reason must be provided when you schedule your appointment. It is suggested that if you schedule your appointment through the L-1 website, print out the confirmation page and bring it with you to the appointment.
- Fees for fingerprinting are $75 plus an additional $10.75 which covers processing expense, and may be paid by credit card, personal or business check, government check, certified check, bank check or money order made payable to “L-1 Enrollment Services.”
- Please bring two (2) forms of identification, at least one of which must have a photo (driver license, passport, social security card).At your appointment location you will be provided two (2) receipts. One (1) of those receipts must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Application fees: $500 includes first vehicle, $200 each additional vehicle; $25 each container. $100 late filing fee (if applicable), payable to JoAnn Raia, Town Clerk
- Certificate of incorporation, if a corporation; or Certificate of Assumed Name, if a general partnership or individual; or for any other situation, proper authorization in accordance with requirements of New York State Law, if a foreign corporation
Additional information may be found in the Huntington Town Code: Solid Waste Collection License