New Resident Trash Pick Up and Recycling Information
Welcome to the neighborhood!
As a new resident of the Town of Huntington you will need to know a few things about how waste management is performed.
To start with you will need to learn what days we collect from your home:
- The "My Services - Huntington" page of this website provides you with your collection information as well as additional information that you may find useful such as your local Water District, EMS District and Fire District. Enter your address in the search box in the upper right corner and then select "Trash Pickup" from the services list. Your trash, recycling and yardwaste collection days will then be provided. Your sanitation carter and their contact information is listed there as well.
- Now that you have learned what days you are serviced you should get familiar with the on-line trash calendar. It will let you know if there have been scheduled changes in your trash pickup, recycling and yardwaste collection days.
- For additional information this article provides important links to your recycling and waste management information. Please follow the links to learn how to properly dispose of bulk items, yardwaste and the rules for curbside recycling collection.
A few rules to remember:
- The regulations for trash and recycling pick up can be found here.
- All trash and yardwaste collections can begin as early as 6:00AM and recycling can begin as early as 5:00AM so please have your materials out the night before collection.
- Yardwaste is only collected on weeks with a leaf icon printed on Sundays, on weeks without this icon there is no yardwaste collection.
- Please remember to check your calendar regularly because pick up schedules change during the weeks in which holidays fall.
- The Town no longer supplies blue bins to residents for recycling. Instead we offer “Huntington Recycles" decals. These stickers should be affixed to a container of any size up to 42 gallons. These containers are now your recycling bins, so pick sizes that meet your specific household needs. If you would like to obtain “Huntington Recycles" decals they are available at the front desk of Town Hall or at the circulation desk of your local library. If you would like stickers mailed to you contact us through one of the methods listed below.
If you have any problems with collection or any questions regarding acceptable items for disposal please feel free to call the Town Sanitation Hotline at (631)351-3186. The hotline is staffed from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday to Friday.
You can also email us.
Or simply complete a Service Request on Huntington @ Your Service and we will take the appropriate action on your request.