Residential Repair Program
The Residential Repair Program provides minor household repairs to seniors who reside in the Town of Huntington and are at least 60 years of age. The service is available to homeowners. Priority is given to those elderly who are frail, low income, minority, and handicapped to help them live independently in their homes. Residents are responsible for paying for parts and supplies only. There is no charge for labor.
The Residential Repair Program provides minor repairs and installations (no major construction), such as:
- Replacing window panes, fuses, door locks, window catches
- Minor plumbing repairs, for example, faucet or washer replacement, toilet leaks
- Installing handrails, safety rails, grab bars
- Installing/removing window air conditioners
- Patching walls and ceilings (NO major construction or painting)
- Installing and repairing screens/storm windows
- Caulking windows and installing weather stripping around doors
- Repairing furniture, installing shades and curtain rods, tacking down rugs
- Minor repairs to home exteriors, including minor masonry
- Electronics assistance (computer, answering machine, DVD player, etc.)
- Installing smoke alarms and changing batteries
Contributions made to this program are voluntary and confidential. Any donation you wish to make will be used to expand the program and would be greatly appreciated. Services rendered are independent of any contributions. If sending a donation, please make checks payable to: Town of Huntington, and in memo write: Residential Repair.
TO APPLY: CALL (631) 351-3253 Ext. 3735
Coordinator will estimate work needed and cost of materials. The Town of Huntington Residential Repair Department assumes no responsibility for any damage incurred while working at the home.
The Residential Repair Program is funded by the Town of Huntington, the Administration for Community Living through New York State Office for the Aging and Suffolk County Office for the Aging.