CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION & RESPONSE
Applications can be sent via express or regular mail while Town Hall is closed; we will review applications without payments, the examiner will contact the applicant with the required permit fee.
- Payments can be sent by mail or dropped off in the white mailbox in the front entrance of Town Hall; the mailbox is intended for residents to drop off mail to Town Hall, it is not intended to be used for applications.
- We are also accepting credit cards over the phone until Town Hall reopens.
- Permit fees for outdoor accessory projects (pools, sheds, decks, retaining walls, etc.) have been waived through September 1, 2020; permit applications and inspections will continue to be required. More info
- Construction permits expiring from March 12, 2020 through July 31, 2020 have been extended for a period of six months from the original expiration date, except in cases where the Department of Engineering revokes a previously issued permit due to Building Code violations.
- Department of Building and Housing Policy and Forms
- Access other forms using the left sidebar menu (desktop browsers) or Planning, Building, Zoning Links menu above (mobile browsers).
- Building & Housing Permits & Filing Instructions
- Planning & Environment Applications, Forms & Permits
Building & Housing
Building and Housing is a division within the Department of Engineering Services that is responsible for administering Huntington’s building permit process so as to insure that all construction complies with the relevant provisions of local and state code, including Building Construction, Fire Prevention, Plumbing and Zoning and New York State Building Code.
Building and Housing accepts, reviews and approves construction applications and specifications, issuing building permits and conducting inspects the authorized work at various stages of construction. This division also issues Certificates of Occupancy upon successful completion building construction when all documentation is received and inspections have been completed. It maintain all files for open building permits and archives records of prior building histories.