Domestic Partnership Registry*
*Per Huntington Town Code, Chapter 98, Domestic Partnership Registry
A domestic partnership shall exist between two persons under the following circumstances:
1. The persons are not related by blood closer than would bar marriage in the State of New York.
2. Neither person is married.
3. Both persons are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
4. Both persons are competent to enter into a contract.
5. The persons declare that they are each other’s sole domestic partner.
6. The persons currently share a primary residence within the Town of Huntington and declare that they intend to do so for the indefinite future.
7. The persons declare that they are in a relationship of mutual support, caring and commitment and are responsible for each other’s welfare. For these purposes, “mutual support” means that each contribute mutually to each other’s maintenance and support. Declaration Statement
8. The persons declare that they have resided together and shared a relationship of mutual support for a period of not less than one (1) year prior to their registration as a domestic partnership.
9. Both persons agree to file a termination of partnership if there is a change in the status of their domestic partnership.
10. The persons must appear together in the Town Clerk's office, shall file a statement of domestic partnership as set forth in Chapter 98 of the Huntington Town Code and pay the required fee to the Town Clerk’s office.
If you have additional questions please contact the Town Clerk’s office at (631) 351-3206.